36th SPEEDUP Workshop on High-Performance Computing
The purpose of the workshop is to present and discuss the
state-of-the-art in high-performance and parallel scientific computing.
Presentations will focus on:
- Application areas that need high-performance computing
- Physical modeling of large-scale problems
- Development of scalable algorithms for solving large scale problems
- Development of software tools for high-performance computing
The talks of the first day of the workshop will cover the following themes:
- Future directions of HPC
- Earth Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Emerging Architectures: The STI Cell Processor
- Storing massive data volume
On the second day there will a one-Day IBM Cell Programming Tutorial
The workshop is divided into 4 sessions, each with two presentations of 40
minutes plus 5 minutes of questions. The 8 speakers come from well-recognized European
and US institutions. There will be an apero at the end of the first day.
The conference will take place in the CAB building of the ETH, located at the following address:
Room G61, Building CAB, Universitätstrasse 6, 8092, Zürich.
Building CAB is located close to the main ETH building. Here you have more information and links:
Organization and program committee
- Prof. Peter Arbenz (ETH Zürich), e-mail arbenz _AT_ inf.ethz.ch;
- Andreas Adelmann (Paul Scherrer Institut), e-mail andreas.adelmann _AT_ psi.ch;
- Olaf Schenk (University of Basel), e-mail olaf.schenk _AT_ unibas.ch.